Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pro Press with compressed air?

Has anyone used pro press to install compressed air systems? I'm thinking of 125psi top pressure in the system. About 400 lineal feet of 1 1/4" main with 30 or so 1/2" drops. Has anyone used pro press for this application?

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455

Yes we have done a to of it with no problem. If you read the ridgid web site it is approved for compressed air. There is however some stipulation on compressor oil.

ED
  • Mike Dunn
    Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189

I do it all the time. Rigid recommends that you use Type L copper and ProPress Gas fittings, as the O-rings in those fittings can stand up to the oils in the system.
  • jim lockard
    jim lockard Member Posts: 1,059
    Done

Used Propress to make up some 2 inch copper (L) for air lines at a plant making trusses for houses and so far no problem. I called Ferguson and they provided the fittings and the spec sheets that made the designer/engineer happy. J.Lockard
  • hvacfreak
    hvacfreak Member Posts: 439
    IMHO...

....it may be the best application for this product line. I've wanted to say this since I saw this post a couple a days ago ( and I know others have too , lol ).

Edit : thinking of the legal aspect of writings it's all a beautiful field of flowers you know. There is no bad product brother , it's all just good...perhaps beautiful depending on your perspective of the scene ( so on and so forth ).
This discussion has been closed.