Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A 1909 sales letter (Dan H.)

could anyone sell like this. The honesty, sincerity and care are so evident. Any idea what happened to these folks? I also love the English, especially in the letter... Notice the telephone numbers too...

Alex
"Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,492
    Check this out.

The man did a fine job back in the early days. I just added this booklet and the letter to the Library.

Hess Furnace
    Retired and loving it.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    get a kick

Dan that brought back some memories..since I just removed one of those "properly oversized" system's. The work and detail is incredible!! They showed a pic of the floor register, I believe it is the one attached here...
    Thanks, I love to see the way it used to be done..
  • DanHolohan
    It pays

to wander off the Wall. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    actually

Here's a picture of a furnace that ran up until this summer. The old coal shoot was still to the left hand side of the house and the wife of the original owner still resides there under her daughter's care. She told me that her Father put the furnace in and had purchased it through the mail. It's incredible what we as tech's get to find from the past...

Oh and the second pic is an item I found in another old house. Just really neat stuff!! My wife will kill me though if I keep collecting..:)
  • DanHolohan
    That's wonderful.

Thanks!
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.