Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Appreciate your prayers

Some may think it's silly but I know most of you will understand. Please pray for our cat Mandy.

We have had Mandy for 13 yrs now and to me she's like a second child. last night around 7:00 PM Mandy was not able to jump up on my lab nor would she eat her food or drink her water. when I held her she just kind of laid limp in my arms.

My daughter and I rushed her to an Animal Emergency Center where they spent a few hours running tests on my mandy girl. We learned she is diabetic (sp?) leaving her there this evening was hard to do. They had to put her on an IV then tomorrow or should I say this morning they will transport Mandy to a local hospital where they said she will probably spend the next few days. Then we hope she will be coming home. though we understand we will have to continue giving her shots. I'll take that over not having her any day.

Please say a little prayer for us friends.

Thank you and God bless<BR><BR>
Your friend in the industry,<BR>Alan R. Mercurio<BR><BR><a href="http://oiltechtalk.com">Oil Tech Talk</a>

Comments

• Wayne_9
    Wayne_9 Member Posts: 2
    Prayer request

My family and I are praying for Mandy and the comfort of your family during these times. In his name.
  • Ed_13
    Ed_13 Member Posts: 164
    Pets

Alan,

Our pets are a large part of our lives. Many times I have used the exact same term "like a second child".

Your request is not silly at all. It simply reflects they type of compassionate and caring person that you are.

When we have problems we all have a tendency to turn to our friends for comfort. We here are all privileged to be considered enough of a friend to you, for you to make the request for prayers here.

There is no question,,,, our prayers are with you and you family.

Best Regards from only one of you MANY friends,

Ed Carey
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Always tough

when a friend is ill. Got ours, Alan.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Family members

We currently have 2 cats. They are a part of our family, beleive me.

Your family will be in our thoughts.

J.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    We had Pudgy

for 25 years and it was still a tough day when we lost her.

You have our prayers, also.
  • Ray_7
    Ray_7 Member Posts: 16
    Not silly at all.....

....Alan. It can be devastating when a pet is ill, or worse, when one is lost.

We'll pray for your cat's recovery!!

STarch
  • Joannie
    Joannie Member Posts: 96
    Not silly at all

I had to say goodbye to my 15-year-old Clyde a couple weeks ago. It's very hard. They are part of the family.

Your family is in my thoughts.
  • jim walls_3
    jim walls_3 Member Posts: 31
    Mandy

Alan, Understand completely, & you will be in mine
  • Bud_14
    Bud_14 Member Posts: 200

My Wife’s cat has been with us for 13 years. Not being to fond of cats, it took me awhile to accept her (the cat) for other then the nuience she seemed to cause...now that I have accepted that she (the cat) has no idea or care that when she wants to cuddle, she leaves behind much, like hair, and drool and if she has just returned from our 100 year old field stone muddy basement, she leaves with nice little paw marks across the shirt (that I have to change from the hair she left anyhow) I have a problem with her prowling around the kitchen island sampling the food we are about ready to eat (and leaving more hair) but it’s really not that bigga deal (ask my wife) One wall of cabinets, we have an opening for cookie jar, cook books, and cats and after so many years with our cat, she no longer can startle me as I pass by. It doesn’t really bother me anymore that I have not backed up my cad drawing for a while about the time she decides to slip into my office and makes the leap for the desk to say “Good Morning Dad”. Lands directly on the key board. Or the time she makes her great escape and my wife has ME under the porch singing here kitty kitty, and after all those efforts, the little kitty kitty, finds an escape route that I couldn’t have got my head through. None of that bothers me any more and there’s plenty of cat stories here… were not going to even go to the litter box issues…
    But after13 years of this dysfunctional relationship I’ve had with my wife’s cat…I’d be heartbroken of anything ever happened to her…I can’t imagine how my wife would handle it.

Your family is in our prayers (and your cat is apart of your family)

Hope all goes well.

Bud
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Hope she will be well!

Our cat savannah is also diabetic. We inject her with insulin twice a day as a means of controlling her blood sugar. Cats don't mind the needle at all, and return pretty much to normal afterwards.

The only bummer is vacations... you have to leave the cat with a vet or have someone who can come in at the prescribed times to inject the kitty. Sugar management is routine but important. Remember to keep notes, so you don't accidentally inject her twice at the same time... diabetic shock wouldn't be pretty either!

All the best to your family and Mandy.
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    We'll remember the kitty...

They are part of the family. She'll need lots of TLC, but I'm sure you and Toni are up to the job.
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Thank you

Ed, I really appreciate the prayers. This is just another one of those hills that I know our family will get over. It's sure nice to have an extended family supporting us though.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thanks, Dan.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your thoughts.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thank for your prayers, Jack.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Starch, Thanks I really appreciate your prayers.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Jonnnie, Please accept my condolences of Clyde and thank you for your thoughts.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thank you Jim, I appreciate that.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Bud, Thank you for your prayers and for sharing your story with me.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Constantin, Thank you for thinking of us and thank you for the helpful advice.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thank you Wayne, I truly appreciate your prayers brother.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thanks, Bill. And you're right Toni and I ready to do what ever it takes.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Here are some sites that might be useful Hopefully, Mandy will be as easy to regulate as Savannah. The inconvenience that the injection schedule demands is tiny compared to the love and affection Savannah spreads about. I'm sure it'll be no different with Mandy. Again, all the best to Mandy and your family.
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thank you so much Constantin. I have saved those links and I appreciate having them.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Wild Bill
    Wild Bill Member Posts: 112
    Prayers for Mandy

Dear Alan,

Please count on my prayers for your cherished pet. More people should love and embrace their animals the way we do, there would be far less in shelters and on the street.

I will pray for her full and quick recovery.
    Bill
  • Jim S
    Jim S Member Posts: 82

We had to put down our cat about 2 years ago after 17 1/2years of companionship.

I guess what i`m getting at is i`ll keep you and your kitty in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Bill, Thank you for your prayers all of you responding means so much to Toni and I. God bless all of you.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thank you Jim, That's very much appreciated.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • JB_2
    JB_2 Member Posts: 68
    mandy

hang in there alan,prayers for mandy. john
  • JB_2
    JB_2 Member Posts: 68
    mandy

hang in there alan,prayers for mandy. john
  • Joe_51
    Joe_51 Member Posts: 101

my thoughts are for you and your cat. I'm a protector of stay and abandoned cats myself.
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thanks John, We're trying to stay positive.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Joey, Thanks for your thoughts and for caring for the many cats others did not. Bless you.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Done!

I worked for a vet for several years (age 12 to 16 - till I could get a "real" job that paid min wage). My dog was welcome to join me at work and Doc welcomed Blackie into the managerie that was his domain. Many years later she had to be put to sleep and Doc stood there and cried with me. First time I ever saw him shed a tear. Even though she hadn't been a part of his life for a decade, the feelings still ran deep. We'll be thinking of you all.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Alan R. Mercurio

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • EJW
    EJW Member Posts: 321
    Pets

I have a 11 year old lab/chow that has hip displasia. He is our kid. I know there will be the day when he can't get up and it's going to break my heart in two. Big time prayers from here. EJW
  • Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Prayers from Nebraska..

Prayers for cat and family. I hope this is just a small "Valley between Mountain Tops".

Regards,

Paul Rohrs & Family
  • Alan R. Mercurio

EJ, Thank you for your prayers and we will be saying a prayer for your lab.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Alan R. Mercurio

From your lips to Gods ears. Thank you Paul.

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Hoping Mandy is doing good

When something like that happens , it'll put some nice sized knots in your stomach , and I hope she is feeling better Alan . I just brought my pup in today to get em fixed , and he aint feeling good at all . Either he bumps his satellite dish into walls or just stands there and stares at nothing . I guess I would do the same under the circumstances . Keep us posted on how she's doing .
This discussion has been closed.