Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

In Rememberance-PGP

Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
I said my final farewell to my father on Father's Day. He passed on this morning while awaiting more surgery. Diabetes ravaged him in the past few years. Harrison Pollets spent 50 years in the plumbing & heating industry. He was known as "Hap" to all who knew him. He was an inspiration to me and a very kind and giving father. I'll miss him dearly. I'm off to NY later today for his funeral on Sunday.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=104&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I'm sorry for your loss, Paul.

Your Dad was always so good to me. A great guy. Our condolences.
    Retired and loving it.
  • murph'_3
    murph'_3 Member Posts: 29
    Paul

Sorry to hear of your loss, he will surely be missed. And of course in our prayers.

Murph'
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    To Hap!

Paul,
    Our condolences to you & your family. Wish I'd met Hap, sounds like quite a Dad.
    Yours,
    Dave & Lois

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Steve Levine
    Steve Levine Member Posts: 106
    Your loss,

> I said my final farewell to my father on Father's

> Day. He passed on this morning while awaiting

> more surgery. Diabetes ravaged him in the past

> few years. Harrison Pollets spent 50 years in the

> plumbing & heating industry. He was known as

> "Hap" to all who knew him. He was an inspiration

> to me and a very kind and giving father. I'll

> miss him dearly. I'm off to NY later today for

> his funeral on Sunday.

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 104&Step=30"_To Learn More About This Contractor,

> Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A

> Contractor"_/A_

• Steve Levine
    Steve Levine Member Posts: 106
    Your Loss

Sorry for your loss. Keeping those fond memories alive is impotant.

Steve Levine
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Condolences

Sorry for your loss, Paul. Just remember the good times, and know that he's in a better place.
  • Jeff Lawrence_16
    Jeff Lawrence_16 Member Posts: 8
    thoughts and prayers

The Lawrence family will have you in our thoughts.

Try to remember the good times y'all had together. As long as you remember these, he'll always be with you.
  • Chris_4
    Chris_4 Member Posts: 75
    sending

good thoughts your way paul, sorry for your loss!!

Chris
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Paul

Sorry for your loss. I think about my father every day and all the sacrifices he made to make my life better. Obviously your father was your mentor, hero, and best friend. I am sure he is proud of you and will be with you all the days of your life.

Michael
  • Our thoughts and condolences are with you...

Hap left a legend in you. May he rest in peace.

ME
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329

one of the great things of one who inspires is that it never stops. A gift that keeps on giving.

Prayers be with you
  • Floyd_2
    Floyd_2 Member Posts: 52
    You'll be uplifted in prayer....

Lost my mother in Jan. and it was great to have the support of so many here.....

Know that our thoughts and prayers are with in this diffcult time...

The Kolbs
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    God rest his soul

Paul,

I lost my Dad 7 years ago. I have NEVER felt a greater loss.

There are no words for this.

I realized that all of the lessons that my Dad tried to teach me were preparing me for the day when he would not be able to teach any more.

"Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted".

God bless.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Thanks so much

I'm grateful for everyone's kind words. It makes this sore moment more tolerable.

• David Sutton_2
    David Sutton_2 Member Posts: 63
    my thoughts are with you

Paul, my deepest thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Paul, He will live on in you and your kids , the only thing left behind when our lives are done... ,is what we instill in our children and what we loved..., just by your note i can see a life well lived,
    Here's to you " HAP ". you did well......
  • Paul so sorry for your loss

may the Lord comfort you and your family at this time. I lost my father many years ago (I was nine) never a day goes by I do not think of him.

There is a beautiful song out by Luther Vandross called "Dance with My Father". It is very touching and I am sure can speak to everyone of us about what a good father leaves behind - good memories.
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    God Bless Hap and your family

Paul, sorry for your loss. If you need anything when you are in NY let us Wallies know mad dog

• Pat Clark
    Pat Clark Member Posts: 187
    Hap

My deepest sympathy for you and your family at this time of your loss.

Sounds like he was a great father. Always remember the good times and he will live on forever.

Pat Clark
  • RB_2
    RB_2 Member Posts: 272
    In Remembrance

Paul,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Having just lost my father-in-law last week, I have once again experienced the supportive value of friends and colleague...and if there is anything I can do for you and your family please let me know.

rb
  • Jackchips
    Jackchips Member Posts: 344
    Thoughts and prayers

go out to you and your family, Paul.

Jack
  • Your Dad

I'm truly sorry for your loss, Paul. Nothing fills the spot he holds in your heart.

Noel
  • Andy N._3
    Andy N._3 Member Posts: 11
    I'm sorry for your loss

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I have never lost anyone close to me and I dread the day I do.

All the best,

The Nord Family
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    My condolences Paul,

and sorry for not posting sooner, been traveling/teaching.
    George Lanthier
  • Sorry to hear about your father.

He must been one hell of a guy to have raised a man such as yourself.

May the grand architect of the universe bless you & your family in this sad time.

Pipedream
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Godspeed Hap .

Paul, sorry for your loss. Hap passed on some fine work ethic to you , and probably dozens of others . Keep the flame burning by doing the best you can and keeping his spirit with you . Don't forget to pay it forward ! Chris
  • TGO_24
    TGO_24 Member Posts: 1
    Please accept my condolences

I am sorry for your loss. Think I'll stop and see the old man this weekend.
    Tom
  • jerry_2
    jerry_2 Member Posts: 12
    our thoughts are with you

Paul (and others talking about their losses)

I have lost both of my parents, and your loss takes me back to all that they meant to me.

I have created a couple web sites for people to get grief information and if they are interested, create memorials for loved ones. If you or those around you find yourself in the grips of grief, perhaps these sites may help. http://www.griefplace.org and http://www.memoryplace.org.

As others have said, the body may be gone but the spirit lives on in the people he touched.

warmest thoughts,
    jerry
  • Brian (Tankless)_2
    Brian (Tankless)_2 Member Posts: 1
    I feel your sadness Paul

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of circ for a few days doing what I like...working.

You are fortunate in a way, you knew your Dad as a Dad, and as an inspiration, growing up.

My Dad died at 53 (26 yrs ago) with his body and soul ravaged by the effects of alcohol and suicidal depression.

We made our peace before he died, so we'll never be apart. I think of him every day.

In the Tyneside shipyards, he was a piping-trades legend. Happy building anonymous pipe-art that no-one would ever see, but that was good enough for him. That's where I must have gotten my love of this business.

Your Dad's not gone, Paul, we get to appreciate and love him through you.

Take care, and hug your kids (and your Dads).

Brian.
  • Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Condolences

Paul,

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My family and I will keep you and your family in our prayers. Truly wish I could say something more in this time of grieving to give you comfort.....

PR
  • Jim Walls
    Jim Walls Member Posts: 49
    Sorry for your loss Paul

• Bud_8
    Bud_8 Member Posts: 1
    I'm very sorry

to have read about your loss of your Father. I have read and we as a family here, have included you, your family and your friends that suffered one of the greatest losses one can go through in our prayers. As we do with all friends and family, both on and off the wall.

Bud & Angie
  • Mechanic
    Mechanic Member Posts: 43
    Sorry

• Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Condolances paul

We almost lost my Dad to Diabetes related infections last year. He survived but he scared the hell out of all. May your Dad rest in the peace of a life lived well. WW

• John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Paul....

....there are few experiences in life worse than that of losing a parent. Unfortunately I speak from experience. We lost Dad three years ago, and I was devastated. I will never forget the comfort I found here at the Wall after he passed away.

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. This, too, shall pass......

Starch
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Paul

As you go through this, make sure you take time to remember
    and think about your dad. All the things he taught you, from tying your shoes to your work ethic. Take some time to ponder life's priorities. All of us are here for such a short time and yet we get so caught up in day to day business and activities we lose sight of what's important.
    At least that's the way it is with me anyway.

I don't know you very well and didn't know your dad at all, but what he taught you is now what you are left with. Cherish those memories and keep them alive by telling them to your kids and grandkids. I have started to write down some of the things my dad and I did, and what he taught me and stood for, in order to have something of him to pass on to my kids. In that way, your dad and what he stood for, will never pass away.

You have my deepest sympathy and are in our prayers.

Steve Ebels and family

• Very sorry to hear

about your father Paul . My condolences for a very good man .
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588

Paul, Please accept our condolences and know that you and your family will be in our prayers.

Also, I apologize for the delayed response, Toni and I are away right now and I just happen to check in on the web sites.

Respectfully,
    The Mercurio Family
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Paul

You are in my thoughts !

I also lost my Dad. Its been over 20 years now and I still think of him, almost daily. I have never experienced anything so devastating.

Please remember you are not alone in your grief.

Scott Milne

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    My thoughts are with your family

Paul:

I've been out of touch with The Wall recently and I wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I am lucky to still have my parents but I experienced the loss of my father-in-law soon after our marriage and I have seen its lasting effects.

My hope is that everyone appreciate their parents and tell them that -- because we are together in body for such a short time. Fortunately, our souls live together in peace for eternity.

God Bless

The Hall family
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Paul....

Paul,

I just returned from a trip and saw this thread. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If your father was anything like you, he was a good man. -DF

This discussion has been closed.