Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Whoops!

That insulation that comes with the TXV is for the foolhardy said the knuckleheaded airhead as he pitched it in the trash along with the service manuals. I don't know why manufactures have to be so wasteful all the time? Just more trash I have to clean up, he mutters under his breath.

Harvey

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Whoops

I save those TXV insulation covers and sell it to someone who really needs one. LOL . A fine point here, the TXV thermal bulb is upside down , the same applies to temp control sensing bulbs.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Flip Flop

The air handler is actually horizontal, Terry. These computers think they know best and this one wasn't having a horizontal airhandler. It prefers vertical.

Harvey
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    TXV

Harvey, that poor TXV is probably hunting all over the map.  Don't you hate that?
  • NYplumber
    NYplumber Member Posts: 503
    Manuals

Manuals are just so when you kneel down you dont dirty the your clean pants. :)

Probably a novice question, however why dont they come strapped and insulated from the manufacture?
    :NYplumber:
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Manuals:

I thought the pages in the manuals were for ripping out, soaking in paint thinner, and lighting them afire. Then throwing them into the combustion chamber to light the fuel when it won't auto light. Emergency igniters.
  • Spence
    Spence Member Posts: 316
    Insulation

The manufacturer may not insulate the feeler bulb at the evaporator exit because the ambient surroundings will not have an effect on the target superheat. If the bulb is mounted outside the coil enclosure then insulation is critical.

I am not familiar with manufacturers who do not mount the bulb. If you need to do this, make sure it is in either the ten o'clock or the two o'clock position on the vapor line.