Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Jake Myron's new book

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
My old friend, Jake Myron, who is one of the best steam men in the business just wrote a new book and you can get it here: <a href="http://dorrance.stores.yahoo.net/stpeflforhea.html">http://dorrance.stores.yahoo.net/stpeflforhea.html</a>

It covers steam heating in larger buildings. Jake is a master at solving problems in apartment buildings and this book covers it all. He and I prowled a lot of basements when he worked for the New York City Housing Authority and I recommend him to many people as a consultant after he retired from NYC. He's now retired from consulting and living in Florida. This book covers all of his years and it's well worth the price. Highly recommended!
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Just ordered the e-book

I'm sure i will learn many new things! Thanks for the heads up.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Jake

He brings so many nuances to this subject. I was smiling (and remembering) all the way through. What a pleasure it was to spend time with him on a job. I was happy for him when he retired but sorry for myself.
    Retired and loving it.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,104
    Knoweledgable gentlemen

Many years ago i had the pleasure of speaking with Mr.Myron over the phone about a large home he had written a report on  and that i serviced regularly  he was a real nice gentlemen with a wealth of knowleedge .He remenbered the job complletlyeven though the report was about 4 or 5 years old when i recieved it but  who could forget 2 hb smith 13 section  pork chop boilers with external steam and mud drums they burnered 19 gph w pneumatic controls and a snow melt in wrought iron piping in the front driveway .Home was about 15 to 20 thounsond sq ft originally built in the early 1900 big money mansion when it was built .Nice to hear he's still on the sunny side of the grass peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Long Beach Ed
    Long Beach Ed Member Posts: 1,199
    edited January 2023
    Excellent book. A must if you're serious about steam heating in bigger structures. Especially if you are a plumber or engineer.
  • Waher
    Waher Member Posts: 246
    edited January 2023
    A current sales link because the original is dead:
    https://www.amazon.com/Steam-Perfect-Fluid-Heating-Problems/dp/1434937569
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,832
    Does it come in Real Book form I hope?  Yeah his book is heavy-duty stuff.  
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited January 2023
    I initially didn’t realize this was an older post. Thought it was a new book
    steve
  • reggi
    reggi Member Posts: 510
    member @dopey27177 hope all is well...
    One way to get familiar something you know nothing about is to ask a really smart person a really stupid question
  • Mad Dog_2
    I have that book is there ANOTHER one out recently? Mad Dog
  • Long Beach Ed
    Long Beach Ed Member Posts: 1,199
    No, Dog. I just bumped the old post for Jake's book. It's that good.
  • Mad Dog_2
    I know, its serious stuff. Makes you think. Mad Dog
  • Mad Dog_2
    Noel Murdough RIP first told me about Jake Myron. Wasn't his handle Grumpy? Those were the very first wild and early days of The Wall. I came in shortly after with Mark Hunt (One of my closest friends till this day) whom I met at a Jim Davis Seminar in Penna. Jake wasn't on too much after that. I'm sure he was busy....Noel got a real kick outta him. Mad Dog
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,461
    Just ordered it Can't wait to see it
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    Chris_L
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ray. Do you have Patrick Lindharts Steam Book?  Very different and good. Mad Dog 🐕