Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A little help deciphering.

Harvey Ramer
Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
I fixed a fireplace for a new customer and found these pics in the envelope with the payment. Apparently their little one wanted to show some appreciation :-) I would like to get a consensus on what the pictures are for sure and what they mean before I thank her for them. I don't have any kids so I find it a difficult read.

Harvey 

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    edited April 2014
    Pics

Dan,

Why can't we upload pics. I tried both JPEG and PNG formats. Didn't work.

Harvey
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Picasso?

They look like early Picasso's to me. Hold onto them, you never know what they may be worth someday.

Then again, maybe he watched you work and is a future "Wethead"  :)

Rob
  • remodel
    remodel Member Posts: 68
    kids

Kids pick up on all sorts of things, some like mechanical stuff. Pretty cool drawings. 
  • paul_79
    paul_79 Member Posts: 91
    picture

i believe it is a dinosaur, maybe a stegosaurus.
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    edited April 2014
    I got it!

As you can see from the character on the left of the first drawing and the character of the the second that it's apparently Harvey. Now the first drawing shows what appears to be flames.

Written above it reads My dragon for warmth.

See Haight-Ashbury is not all lost :)

I'll verify with my grandaugther
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited April 2014
    Childish Imaginations:

Very young children often develop an imaginary friend to share their experiences and thoughts with. Sometimes, the imaginary friend is a teddy bear or a blanket. Sometimes, you can't see their friend. They go nowhere without their imaginary friend.

We bought a horse from someone that because of its breeding, you had to use the first letter of the mare/mother's name, Luna Xl. Their grown son had had an imaginary friend named Labiza who lived in his bedroom closet. He had his friend Labiza for a very long time. Labiza would walk with him to the bus stop to see him off to school. Sometimes, Labiza went to school with him. But Labiza was always waiting for him to come home. One day, when he was much older. Labiza wasn't there to meet him at the bus stop. Labiza went and found another child to keep company and help them sort out early life. The horse was named and registered as "Labiza". When asked what it is? "The imaginary friend of a little boy".

Sort of like in the song "Puff, The Magic Dragon". One day, Jackie Papers didn't come anymore. Puff was sad until Puff found another child to go exploring with.

I'd consider yourself blessed to have the child share their inner thoughts with you. The world of big people is terrifying to a little kid.

For what it is worth.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Bill

I think you might be right! I can see it now.

Good stuff :-)

Harvey
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Seeing:

That's because you're an adult. Adults don't see what little kids see. Little kids don't see what adults see.

Unless they are born "Old Souls" and they see lots of things that you MIGHT see but they see.
  • remodel
    remodel Member Posts: 68
    couldn't resist

"A sailor went to sea, sea, sea

To see what he could see, see, see

But all that he could see, see, see

Was the deep, dark bottom of the sea, sea, sea."