Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Flooring and Radiant

Options
James Day_2
James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
Happy Easter everyone.

I've been moving along with building my home.   I'm doing radiant heating and cooling with gypcrete pour.    I've looked into Launstein engineered flooring but it is way over my budget.    Is there any other reputable engineered floorings that you would recommend for use with the gypcrete and radiant.  Also has anyone had success with gluing the engineered down to the gypcrete.

Thanks, James

Day Heating and A/C

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Taco

If you go to taco websight then go to the webinar some like it hot by john b. I Romberg he had some websight on that.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    gyp

may not be a good product to glue onto, I tried gluing tile onto gyp once, big mistake. It's a fairly soft, low psi product, mostly sand and gypsum. I think you might want a floating product to install over a gyp pour?

The less expensive laminates and engineered products may have a soft ply or particleboard core with a thin venner, these can dent easily, and wear quickly.

i used an Anderson brand and it had hard wood laminates, it was glued down to a concrete slab over 15 years ago and has been a great floor. It even was under water once!

Don't go too low end, top quality flooring should last 20 years or more with proper care.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream