Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oil to gas conversion kit

Options
zepfan
zepfan Member Posts: 397
does anyone know if an oil to gas conversion kit is made, and if so by who, to convert a residential oil fired boiler to gas? I know this is fairly common with larger commercial turn down, duel fuel burners, but was unsure if there was such a product for smaller single stage units. we have a job where e customer has a 15 year oil  fired boiler, but has natural gas in the house and wants to convert the boiler to gas. seeing how the boiler is not that awfully old if this was something that s made it would be a lot less costly to install it rather then replace the whole boiler. thanks to all 

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Yes there are

power gas burners available for residential oil boilers. Are you familiar with ANSI Z21.8 (2002) Procedures for the Installation of Domestic Gas Conversion Burners?

Carlin, Riello and Midco all make residential power gas conversion burners.

I recommend getting some training before attempting to install one of these.
  • zepfan
    zepfan Member Posts: 397
    Options
    thanks

Thanks for the response, i will look into that. If at all possible i am going to try and sway the customer into replacing the boier with a gas fired mod/con boiler.thanks