Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar squire leak

Came across my 3 rd leaking lochinvar squire today. Anyone else find any leakers. I was told there have been some improvements to the tanks this year. You got to love it when you talk people into switching there 20 year old system that had no leaks to a stainless steel tank that leaks. I have seen them leak on well water and city water.

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Expectations:

Europeans expect their cars to last 20 years and replace their boilers every 5 years.

Americans expect to buy a new/newer car every 5 years and expect their boilers to last 20 years.

Americans have to get used to the European concept of replacing beer box boilers. Like the Europeans did.

Progress. Onward and upward.
  • Hvac tech_2
    Hvac tech_2 Member Posts: 21
    Lochinvar leaks

5years is terrible you won't save any money going mod con with an indirect tanks leaking at 2 to 3 years is horrible
  • heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Saving money with a tank???

Tanks just don't last, I tell my customers buy a tank expecting it to fail shortly after the warranty ends, if it lasts longer you scored and if it fails sooner you scored, but expect this is a 7 year investment if it has a 7 year warranty.. I give free labor with warranties if it is a free tank materials and labor are free too, as long as I sold and installed the tank, boiler, furnace, condenser, ect. originally...

I am a firm believer in tanklesses, I replace a lot of tanks, direct, indirect, storage, ect I see them fail all too often...