Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

indirect aqua stat?

If you have read any of my posts you can see I'm doing a lot to my system. Now I'm still ordering parts and supplies until i have everything to do the job all at once. So the question for today is I'm going to use a Tekmar 420 with the 335 to run my boiler and zone valves, do I need a aqua stat for my SS30 or just a sensor wired into the 420 controller

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Looks like

the 420 only supports a contact closure for DHW demand and not a tank temp sensor.  Too bad.
  • Eric_51
    Eric_51 Member Posts: 30
    what to use

any old aqua stat work or would it be better to use tekmar set point 161 so they can all talk. If i just use the aqua stat will i need a sensor to know my hw temp?
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Any aquastat will work

if you want a display, it will cost a bit more.  The point of having a sensor wired to the control is that it can far better anticipate demand.
  • Eric_51
    Demand

Short of it is the tekmar set point will give the best performance all around becouse everything in the system will be nt4 and able to share all info. That way its one item on SS tank, less things less trouble.
  • Eric_51
    need help with wiring

At the point of wiring it all together. The Tekmar 161 setpoint is able to communicate on the house network using 4 wires. the manuals don't tell you how to wire it up. it shows how to do an aqua stat or a set point but not a set point to the dhw terminal. can someone that knows tekmar controls tell me how to do the four wires?