To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hydrotherm Celtic and a 15-42

kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,662Member ✭✭✭
Anyone out there on Wally World have an older but still operable Grundfos 15-42? Say from the mid to late 80's? I have a customer here in NH that has a Hydrotherm Celtic 50k input, that still works perfectly fine. Mfg date 3/1984. Some other contractor decided to replace the circulator. Instead of searching for the right one he installed a 26-99 in the frame that is built into the boiler...a newer 15-58/42 is too small. Now they are having air issues because the 26-99 is way oversized.
· ·

Comments

• RobGRobG Posts: 1,463Member ✭✭✭
    Look Here

Personaly, I would replace it, but here is a link

http://www.celticparts.com/celticparts_list.html

Rob
    · ·
  • kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,662Member ✭✭✭
    Ya I saw that one...

I cant see replacing a boiler in such a small space, that does not cost a good deal to run and runs fine. Sort of like ditching a car because it needs 4 new tires.
    · ·
    Tires

I here ya, but if my tires cost $275.00 each (expansion tank). I would consider getting somthing cheaper :) That site is highway robbery!!
    · ·
  • SWEISWEI Posts: 4,887Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried

calling Grundfos to see if they still have parts?  Someone here ought to have a "clueful" contact on the inside.
    · ·
    Yes I have....

my salesman checking w/ Urell. Yes pricing there is  Nuts....
    · ·
    Here are a few.....

Pix. It's still in great shape. And is around 82%. It's 50k input. 41k out. The food has only heatloss front and back. None to the sides.
    jpg
    jpg
    image.jpg
    0B
    jpg
    jpg
    image.jpg
    0B
    · ·
    edited March 2014
    Will the 15-60

I don't know what the pump curves are for the old 15-42 but this seems to be a Celtic replacement (I certainly wouldn't buy it from Europe :)  ?

http://www.shkshop24.de/en/By-Brand-Manufacturer/Hydrotherm-Stiebel-Eltron/Circulation-pump-UPS-15-60-3-stages-Hydrotherm-HCA-25-16.html

Rob

Post edited by RobG on
    · ·
    LOL...

If I cant find one soon I am going to see if I can go in a find a way to adapt over the piping that is there and see if I can add a new circ outside of the cabinet.
    · ·