To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

High Duty baseboard

scott10801scott10801 Posts: 1Member
Can any tell me how many feet of high duty baseboard can be placed on a normal 3/4 loop. I know it's about 67 feet for standard output tube and fin
· ·

Comments

• SWEISWEI Posts: 4,994Member ✭✭✭✭
    High Duty Basebaord

I'm not familiar with that brand, but several manufacturers offer heavy duty or high output variants.  The length limit for a 3/4" circuit would depend on the flow, which would in turn depend on the ∆T for the loop.
    · ·
  • kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,721Member ✭✭✭
    Typically...

40,000 btu on 3/4" copper. So if normal baseboard is around 600 btu/ ft that is around 66/67Ft.

You could go more but your output will not be 600/ foot after the 67'.

Typically high output is 750/ ft. (ie.. Sterling Senior)

That puts you in the 53' range on 3/4" copper
    · ·
  • RichRich Posts: 1,269Member ✭✭✭
    Beware

of the disclaimer that  "this includes a 15% heating effect factor " ,. this is a fictitious number that should be subtracted , making 600 per foot actually 510 per . 
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC 732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey , Eastern Pa .
    Consultation , Design & Installation
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    · ·