Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How concerned should I be about this TT error?

Javelin
Javelin Member Posts: 138
Heating pros,

This error came up on my Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 250 boiler the other day. I turned off the boiler manually and turned it back on and everything re-ignited and has been now for a few days.. All seems fine. The error seemed to appear during a period when the local environment was very dust from some sweeping I was doing... not sure if it's related.

Is this anything I should be concerned about longer term? Or since it works now, should I just forget it until my annual service/maintenance before next heating season?

Comments

• I had the same thing

happen on a Trimax Solo 250 less than a year old. A white deposit had loaded on the igniter; replaced it with a new one under warranty and everything has been fine.

I don't know if there were bad igniters originally supplied with the boilers and have rectified the problem with new, different igniters or if they just give you the same one over again.

Check your igniter for that white deposit if it happen again.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    white coating

Having a white coating of the flame rod or igniter usually means that you have exhaust gas reversion.
  • Perhaps on some.

We had to pipe the exhaust out of the mechanical room and up the side of the building about 15 feet to get it above a walkway and away from windows which was about 20 feet away from the air intake.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Javelin
    Javelin Member Posts: 138
    Thanks

Thank you both for your input.. I'll keep an eye out for white deposits on the ignitor. Hopefully it was a one time thing.