Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thinking of replacing existing pump for a Taco Bumble bee pump

Total1
Total1 Member Posts: 44
Thinking of replacing existing pump for a Taco Bumble bee pump .

<a href="https://www.taco-hvac.com/en/products/products.html?current_category=405">https://www.taco-hvac.com/en/products/products.html?current_category=405</a>

On my Vitodens 100 system .

Ideas ?

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Why?

Why?
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Looks like a...

WIlo you have installed. Very good pump, pretty much all I use. I second the question...Why? do you have any problems with system?
  • Total1
    Like the idea of the pump

Like the idea of the pump adjusting to the boiler temperature and keeping the delta T the same .  No problems at all with the system , but the new pump would use 85 % less power and has a cool look factor .. 
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    and noisy

The bumble bee is much louder than normal pumps. If thats a factor.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited January 2014
    WOW

LWCO is in the wrong place though it doesn't matter because the boiler won't fire anyway if you don't make the flow switch..With the boiler needing a min flow rate of 1.7gpm across the HX and you are not piped pri/sec wouldn't recommend it unless your going to run it in a constant pressure mode.

What's with that zone valve and the ball valve? Some sort of by-pass?
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Total1
    hmm

Why is the LWCO in the wrong place ? It is the highest in the loop  , where would you put it ?  .  The zone valve / bypass is for the room / tunnel under the garage to get enough flow to start the boiler . 
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    huh?

That's why the boiler should have been properly piped primary secondary. Sure hope you never need more then 6.2gpm...LWCO is useless so it doesn't matter...
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • NYplumber
    NYplumber Member Posts: 503
    Dont mess

Dont mess with a high head hx and dt. If you slow the flow too much you will loose more then you gain.
    :NYplumber:
  • Total1
    ok

With this on demand boiler , since it keeps no water warm when it shuts off , and the pump is controlled by the boiler also  , I have no need to circulate the water when it is off . The Gas inspector wanted a LWCO installed , I even quizzed him on why one is needed with the flow switch . This boiler is ONLY heating my garage , room / tunnel below the garage , and later project floor heat for the bathroom in the basement , all is good and thanks for your input . I will keep it how it is . To keep around 1100 sq ft of floor heated it averaged out to be 1 $ per day @ 60 F , even when it was -36 C .