Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How does this site work

SENWiEco
SENWiEco Member Posts: 159
Hi All,

I joined recently and will be designing a radiant system for an upcoming build.  But my question here is about how to use this site.

I am really only interested in the Radiant forum at this point.  I went to that forum and clicked on the Subscribe to RSS feed. I then made a post and chose the subscribe to future posts on this thread.

This set up a RSS folder in my Outlook where I get RSS updates accordingly.

I have two questions - someone advised they were getting EMAILS for each response to a forum posting (emails are different from RSS feeds.  Does this site send out emails in addition to the RSS feed?

Second is I only subscribe to the Radiant forum feed but I am getting RSS feeds for all of the forums, for instance I just got "RE: Strictly: ww: What I did with same problem for Main Vents" which is from the Strictly Steam forum which I am not at all interested with.

Is this a bug with the site.  With all the research I am doing and all the different LinkedIN groups and other forums I belong to, I really need to keep my incoming traffic focused and would rather not get updates from forums that are not relevant to me.  The problem is made worse by the way that the forums have been setup to change the post title on every post.  Makes it very difficult to pick out the correspondence related to the original post.

Just a new comers observations.
Sean Wiens

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    RSS will show every new post from every topic.

If there's a particular thread you'd like to follow, you can subscribe to just that thread and you'll get an email with a link whenever someone adds to the thread.
    Retired and loving it.
  • SENWiEco
    RSS is All forums?

Thanks Dan - so when you subscribe to the RSS feed you get updates from all of the forums?  You cannot just get the feed from the forum of interest?

By the way - your response to this thread was the first email I received.  I did not get emails on the other thread I subscribed to.
    Sean Wiens
  • DanHolohan
    Yes, you'll get every new post.

Check your Spam folder. Some email programs are selective. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • SENWiEco
    Domain issues

Thanks Dan - Looks like it was my domain causing issues.  I switched my email on your system yesterday to a more common domain and it now comes through.  I will talk with my VPS host.

Thanks for confirming all messages come through on the RSS.  Would be a great upgrade to change that.  I would be willing to chip in a donation to help as I am sure others would.  Would be great to separate the RSS feeds by Forum
    Sean Wiens
  • DanHolohan
    Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look into it. 
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.