Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Used oil after vacuuming?

I'm curious what guys do with their used vacuum pump oil? I have almost a gallon that I need to dispose of and I'd like to do it properly.

Also are there any specific brands of oil you prefer?
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    Used Oil

You can drop it off at your local automotive repair shop and they will take it. You can also drop it off to a nearby Jiffy Lube as many of them use waste oil to heat their facilities.
    Eugene
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    edited December 2013
    Heating

Ah I didn't know I could bring it where I bring my used motor oil.

We also know a shop that burns waste oil for heat and I didn't know if he could use that or not.

Thank you.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited December 2013
    used oil

I recommend a Meineke Muffler Shop. I work on Used Oil Heaters for that co, the shops are independently owned. I also(used to) did work for those goofy Jiffy Lube shops, 10-12 or so!. It took 4-6 months to get paid, 20-30 phone calls! Here in Suffolk Co L.I. N.Y they(Jiffy Lube) have the overhead gas fired Infrared heaters or some use #2 oil furnaces. It is their  company policy to keep their garage doors WIDE OPEN in ALL weather conditions, talk about waste! NOT LOL! The waste oil heaters burn oil, tranny fluid, rear end fluid , and Vacuum Pump oil! Sorry Professor, you had a type o there ! I know you meant Meineke, now a LOL!

Check the "oil heating section" on "The Wall" , Mr. Jamie Hall filled me in on a lot of info about all of those fluids , it is under "waste oil heaters"
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Oil tank

I have a 300 gal skid mount tank that I painted with epoxy and sits outside the shop. I put all my waste oil in there and when it fills up there are a number of guys who will come pump it out and give you 50 cents a gallon. It will take 5 years to fill it and I dont have to run around getting rid of small amounts of oil. Plus I get 150 bucks when its full.
This discussion has been closed.