Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Bumblebee Circulator

bhop2920
bhop2920 Member Posts: 8
I added this circulator on a boiler I installed on my cousins boiler after hurricane sandy. My question is does anyone know how I can pique performance out of it. The boiler is a 3 section slantfin w 1 baseboard zone and 1 indirect hwh as well as a Honeywell outdoor reset. My cousin lost the literature and to be honest didn't fully understand it anyway.

Any ideas or should of I just bought a 007?

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Manual

Here is the manual.

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/100-101.pdf

How are you using it. What mode is it in? Sensor?

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • bhop2920
    Delta t

I believe I have it in delta t and its 20 degrees but it comes back I think half maybe less than half even w both zones running
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Sensor

Is the sensor in the proper location? Is it secured and insulated?

A 10 degree delta T is not a bad thing. The circ may be running at it's lowest setting.

Are there performance issues?

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704
    delta T mode

You might be in the constant speed mode, have you verified your in Delta T?

for your reference I attached the latest instruction sheet.  Page 3 gives specific instructions on verifying delta T mode. 

If you have additional questions or concerns, contact Taco tech support at 401-942-8000.  happy to help
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704
    delta T mode

You might be in the constant speed mode, have you verified your in Delta T?

for your reference I attached the latest instruction sheet.  Page 3 gives specific instructions on verifying delta T mode. 

If you have additional questions or concerns, contact Taco tech support at 401-942-8000.  happy to help
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Performance

As Carl said, is there an underlying issue, that is making you look to the circ.? Uneven heating? A 20 degree DT in a baseboard series loop can give you that. The circ may be running at its minimum, and most of the heat given off at the start of the loop.
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 550
    Heat Loss

Well it sounds like you are here on Long Island or in New Jersey. The heat loss of the house has dropped dramatically. How big is each zone?

That makes sense since it got a little warmer here the last few days. The BBee is probably running on the lowest speed.

If the house is warm and comfortable, then you are doing great!

Dave H.
    Dave H
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021
    hey Joe

thanks for the updated manual.

I've not seen that elevation caution before?

In addition to pre-charge adjustment the exp. tank may need to be upsized?

On a 30 gallon capacity system from 12- 20 psi increase takes the tank from 2.8 up to 7.5 gallon expansion capacity, running 60- 180F water temperatures.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • bhop2920
    Thanks

Yea I have it set for delta-t at 20 degrees but comes back w 10 degree difference. I know I can set to more or less "concentrate" on kilowatt used.

Secondly I was wondering if the bumblebee circ was overkill

And thirdly long islands lowest temp would be 10 degrees when I set the osr for that its freezing so I set it for 20 but that doesnt defeat the purpose?
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    Delta t

You can try to slow down water flow by playing with ball valve on pump discharge. It might bring pump to the controllable range.
This discussion has been closed.