Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Bumble Bee on Mod/Con boiler ?

Danscrew
Danscrew Member Posts: 130
I am thinking of installing a Taco Bumble Bee on my Weil Mclain Wm 97+ condensing boiler. If I set it up as a delta T it should slow down the loop and keep it in a condensing mode most of the time? The first floor zone is recessed cast iron radiators monoflo  and the basement is fin tube baseboard running 007 pumps for each zone now. My ODR is set at 155 degrees max .  I would try one zone at a time  Has any body tryed this? will it work better more efficient? Pros or Cons of this.   

thanks for all your inputs Dan  

Comments

• knotgrumpy
    knotgrumpy Member Posts: 211
    Don't you...

...need to worry about keeping a minimum GPM going through a mod/con?  You may slow the flow below that minimum searching for the delta t like that.

Don't know, just a hack lurker.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    edited November 2013
    Unknowns

There's way too many unknowns to be able to tell you whether it is a good answer for your situation. Is the boiler sized correctly? Is it installed according to the I&O manual? Is the house chopped up into micro-zones? Why does it not stay in condensing mode now?
  • bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813
    ∆ T

I would be a little leery using ∆ T on a monoflo system . Monoflo works on pressure drop. I think you should try it and let us know how it works .
    bob
  • Danscrew
    Danscrew Member Posts: 130
    Maybe I should wait

Just got the system on line 3 weeks ago. Maybe I should wait and see how it runs when it gets real cold.  I am not saying it's running bad just thought I could add a variable speed pump to get more efficiency out of it   no sense making any changes I will have nothing to compare it to.      Thanks for all the input Dan
This discussion has been closed.