Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

the maintence office person came again

Options
magic90015
magic90015 Member Posts: 26
the maintence office person came again

and they told me i have to charge $15 every hour they come.

and they heard the noise but this noise cling cling

and they said that was normal.

I told them it gets worse at night and they just won't believe me.

They keep saying it's normal.. sssshhh..

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Normal Noises:

Tell those a$$hats that a licensed plumber/pipefitter said they were idiots if they think it is normal.

They sound like "rednecks" and don't respect you. Not all Americans are like that.
  • bld999
    bld999 Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Review your lease

Maybe get with your atty. or legal aid and approach it that way. Management are denying there is a problem and are portraying you as a nutty complainer.

How do your neighbors feel about the noise?
  • magic90015
    magic90015 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm the only unit that's hearing that noise.

I'm the only unit that's hearing that noise.

that's why it's killing me
  • MDNLansing
    MDNLansing Member Posts: 297
    Options
    Can't Do That

In nearly all states it is illegal for them to charge you for this. They can require you to pay for cosmetic upgrades, but not mechanical issues. In addition, they can require you to pay a plumber his full amount, but they can't make you pay THEM some arbitrary rate of $15 per hour.

Call you local housing commission and ask what your rights are. In most cases you are allowed to call a plumber to fix the problem and the landlord is required to pay the bill. If the owner won;t fix it on his own, sometimes you have the right to force them too. Your local housing commission will be able to help you with that.

They are trying to push you away and keep you quiet. As a landlord myself, this really makes me mad. Renting out property means you have to maintain it, often to standards higher than what you would live in yourself. He needs to step up and pay to fix this. I hope your housing commission can help you with this guy. Chances are, you aren't the first person that's had problem with him, they will know that and take it into consideration as well.
This discussion has been closed.