To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Quick Question onBethroom Sink Leak

nycpanycpa Posts: 108Member
Hi Guys, i know this is a heating website but got a quick question on a leak that is coming from the stopper valve connection of my bath room sink.  Its made of some cheap plastic part that loosens when water runs for a while then starts to leak.  I attached a picture, i plan on taking it to the plumbing supply store tomorrow.  Other than the small black pipe and a new stopper piece that goes into the pipe, do I need anything else?  Plan to replace with metal pipe.  Thanks for the help.  

• WeezboWeezbo Posts: 6,230Member ✭✭✭
    Sye ,

i think that you can tighten that by hand .

the part is not very spendy . to replace,

there is a small plastic ring that allows the travel of the stopper under the sink , sometimes you can tighten them by hand then get a hold of the chrome clip with holes in it and adjust the travel on the push pull rod on the faucet,

sometimes there is a lock nut on that rod instead it is like a key looking deal and once you twist it open it can be re positioned and re tightened.

hope you are lucky the first time : )
  • nycpanycpa Posts: 108Member
    tried to tighten by hand

I tried to tighten it by hand but it keeps getting loose it won't tighten straight it screws on crooked when I tighten too much it pops and loosens again
  • vaporvacvaporvac Posts: 1,304Member ✭✭✭
    plumbing forum

Hi Sye. There's a plumbing section on this site now. Maybe if you repost there, more people will help.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!