Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

danfoss ra2000: how do I reverse?

JKGregg
JKGregg Member Posts: 1
Hello all. I have three radiators on my first floor. New house. Yay. But now that it is getting cold in Chicago and we are turning the system on, I am noticing the TRVs hammering when they try to close.

I'm fairly certain they were installed in reverse. Can someone direct me to a how-to for flipping them? I can take the head off no problem but can't seem to find instructions for flipping them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Bill_17
    Bill_17 Member Posts: 68
    TRV in reverse

There is no way to correct for this without repiping, in other words, reversing the direction of the valve.   Sometimes an incorrectly installed valve is simply left in place but in the full open positon and a new and correctly piped valve is installed on the opposite (actual supply) side of the radiator.  You may also be able to reverse the supply and return risers feeding the radiator, but this is not always possible.    
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    1 Pipe steam??

Danfoss RA 2000 that I've seen were for 1 pipe rads.  I have some old ones without a vac bkr on them and they will hold water back on the off cycle. Is this what you got??
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    edited November 2013
    trv

just relocate trv to another radiator port
This discussion has been closed.