Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Repco boilers

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,103
I don't think there made any more but the ones i replaced where quite heavy for a small unit last along time also i removed one last year and sha was really heavy for a small hw boiler about 550 lbs good luck peace clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Can't find on Web

Has anyone heard of this company? Did they merge with another or gone out of business? They made residential boilers and were located in Philadelphia. I can find any results on the Web. Thanks.
  • They're gone John

Repco or Republic Steel Boiler Co. went out of business back in the early 80's. I believe that they were based out of Cinnaminson, NJ back then and that Vaillant used the same facility for distribution and final assembly when they came into the country at about the same time period.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

www.burnham.com
  • Kevinj
    Kevinj Member Posts: 67
    Repco

John,

According to the manual for my REPCO, they were in Phildelphia, PA. I agree with Glenn that they are gone and The other comment about being heavy for their size.
  • Not that it matters

But their offices could have been in Philly. I'm fairly sure the assembly plant was in NJ though as I remember Vaillant moving into the facility.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

www.burnham.com
  • John , what exactly are you looking for ?

I think I have an old installation manual for the oil fired tin can , if you want it .

The tin can Repco was a builders special and one of the lightest boilers . The dry based cast boiler was alot heavier than it looked . Both versions would burn a hole through their chamber eventually .
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Thanks guys

I was just curious because I hadn't heard of the company and that particular boiler was in the basement of the 99-year-old woman who I mentioned in another thread. The boiler was holding up pretty well despite the lack of proper maintenance on it over the years. I just wanted to drop a note to the company.
  • grassroot
    grassroot Member Posts: 2
    repco boiler

Hello, I bought a house last year. the repco boiler works fine during the first winter. I do not

know when the fire seed was distinguished, so I shut down the system following the instruction. Now I followed the instruction to turn on the system but failed to light it (to have the pilot switch light the boiler). I checked the circuit on the lighting device and found no electricity. also I am not sure this type boiler needs to change water or not and how? million thanks in advance for any suggestion and help.
  • grassroot
    grassroot Member Posts: 2
    repco boiler

Hello, I bought a house last year. the repco boiler works fine during the first winter. I do not

know when the fire seed was distinguished, so I shut down the system following the instruction. Now I followed the instruction to turn on the system but failed to light it (to have the pilot switch light the boiler). I checked the circuit on the lighting device and found no electricity. also I am not sure this type boiler needs to change water or not and how? million thanks in advance for any suggestion and help.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Repco

also made a dry base cast iron boiler as well as the common steel boiler for residential, oil fired anyway.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Grassroot, if I understand you correctly

your pilot is out and you want to relight the pilot, is that correct?

If so what is the Make and numbers on the gas valve and is it a thermocouple style pilot? A picture would help.
  • MVA
    MVA Member Posts: 1
    Hoval DuoLyt 52 Multi Fuel Boiler

I have a DuoLyt 52 boiler purchased from Repco Products, Phila. PA.

I need the following parts: 1) Landis GYR #RAK21.2/2298A limit control; 2) Safety Overheat Coil-Conn. for Hotwater Drain; 3) Autom - mixing valve.
  • earl burnermann
    earl burnermann Member Posts: 126
    I wonder

how those builder special boilers would do today. Back when those Repco's where burning though it seemed to be common practice by too many mechanics to keep down-firing them until there was back pressure on them with the smallest nozzles. These boilers where quite easy to clean. If the back pressure could have been avoided they may not have failed at the rate they did.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
  • 3000bhp
    3000bhp Member Posts: 1
    Repco Products Corp

I have a Repco Products Corp 2-pass firetube boiler in my

home that I need to replace. I’m not sure if it’s original as the home was

built in 1957.

The existing boiler is in the kitchen (yes, the boiler is

located in the kitchen) and the new boiler will need to go back in the same

spot. The breaching connects behind the boiler and everything is pretty tight.

I am looking for suggestions for a replacement boiler.

Thanks.  
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Try reposting in a new thread

And pick the best forum (perhaps Strictly Steam, Radiant Heating or Main Wall.)
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Boiler

We see a lot of kitchen boilers in the ranch on slab homes in my neighborhood. The best thing you can do is install a wall hung high efficiency boiler. Extremely quiet. And I bet the heat source is radiant floors. Perfect for that application.
This discussion has been closed.