Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle tube Solo 110 pumps wont shut off

I went on a service call today on a triangle tube solo 110 and the complaint was very hot domestic water. Get there and boiler was cycling off of high limit. The dhw and radiant pump was running with no dhw and radiant call. This house was it by lightning this morning.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Lightning

Paul,

I would start by powering down the unit and resetting it. Then I would pull the heat and dhw switch wires to be sure you don't have a smoked switch somewhere else in the system. I would also go through the setup codes and make sure they are at factory defaults.

Chances are, the lightning smoked the controller and you need a new one.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,161
    zzzzap

You may need more than a new control.  No telling what lightning will zap when it starts flying around -- so do try the wire pulling that Zman suggested before swapping out parts.

While you're at it, if you have a good multimeter (reading over 1 megohm) or a megger, check as much of the wiring as you can for grounds and shorts that shouldn't be there.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Really...

1.21 jigawatts takes out a lot of things...Great Scott!

Happened  to a customer of mine last week. Took out the Taco sr506, the Honeywell 7224 boiler limit and the Riello primary..... all smoked.
This discussion has been closed.