Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rinnai parts needed

Mikes
Mikes Member Posts: 5
I need help finding these Rinnai parts that Rinnai no longer mfgs. for 1001 FA/VA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1) FOT 40-3 Exhaust adapter (B)

2) RHF-1000-132 (Intake adapter A)

3) 1004F-520 ( Flue adapter)

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    I would try

Nelson & Small. 207 775-5666 in Portland, ME. They were the biggest sellers of the 1001 back in the day. That product hasn't been manuf for 15+ yrs now. I just happen to be at Rinnai today, so I'll go see what I can find, if it exists.

The 132 Air inlet elbow is available. The 1004F 520X03 is the right part number. The FOT-40-3. We just looked it up and you can use a part number 1004F-530X01 and use the current vent kit for the 1004 the FOT-151. The 151 is the standard vent which will adapt from a 4 1/2" to 9 1/2" wall thickness

That's the best I can do!
  • Mikes
    Thank you!

Jack, thanks so very much for your time and help! I sincerely appreciate it and will contact Nelson and Small. The 1001 I purchased was so clean and appears to have only been used as a demo. It is spotless. I got lucky and purchased it at auction from one of the local retailers here in Northern Ca. I took the system to my local LP company and they tested it and it runs absolutely perfect....all be it missing the parts required to install it. The size of the heater is way over kill for my room size but I paid only 275 for what appears to be nothing more than a demo unit. Thanks again!
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Nelson and small.

Nelson and Small's heating division was purchased by Webber Supply. They only deal in commercial laundry now. Webber supply's phone number is (207)767-0201.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • Mikes
    thank you

This may explain why Nelson never responded to my request.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    I tried...

getting some parts last year similar to yours. I was advised to not fix it and just buy another unit.
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    In Mikes case, based upon his

Description of the unit, it is certainly worth getting "available" parts to repair. The 1001 hasn't been produced for at least 15 yrs. As parts cycle through the recommendation would be to go with a newer modulating burner and fan unit, if your particular need cannot be fulfilled. If I was told by distribution that a part was nla, I'd check direct with the factory before replacing...depending on the general condition and history of the unit .Some parts are just NLA at this point.
  • Mikes
    For sale 1001F Demo unit. Needs parts

Please see my ebay posting for info. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181295885583?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649