Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann question

Options
Hello,

I have recently had a complete viessmann system installed for heating and hot water.

Vitcrossal 300

Vitocell 100

vitotriol 300 thermostat

during summer i select only dhw setting and turn off the heating but my radiators are still roasting hot. I have set the hot water to be recharged between set times during the day but my heating comes on at the same time.

Any solutions?

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Vitocrossal?

Residential? Very serious house,if so! Are heat pumps running?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • osteocrusher
    osteocrusher Member Posts: 5
    Options
    vitocrossal

yes, the heat pump is running and is set on auto.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Options
    New?

Is this a new install or an older unit that worked normally prior to this? The heat pump will not run when above WWSD,are you sure it's running or is it gravity flow through heating system when boiler runs for DHW? The Vitotrol isn't a thermostat,it's a remote control.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • osteocrusher
    edited August 2013
    Options
    viessmann question

robert,

it's a complete new install. At the moment i have to go around the house turning off each radiator individually when set to just dhw setting.

pump shows 10 and not shut off.

see attached pictures.

thanks for your advice.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Options
    What country?

I've never seen an Alpha that wasn't flanged or that brand of stainless press fitting?
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Its Not What Ya Think Bob

http://www.viessmann.co.uk/en/communal_district_heating_networks/products/med/Vitocrossal_300_Typ_CM3.html

By the pic there is only a DHW call. No way to trace the problem from a pic. Could be a piping problem..That control also runs a variable speed system pump. Going to have to go through the coding and trace the problem. Could be that the control is not set to DHW Priority so no matter a domestic call of a heating call that heating pump is going to run 24/7 until you reach warm weather shut down. That boiler only has 115 degree water in it from the pic..
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Gotta

see how this is piped . Wider picture possible ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    Options
    Warranty

Isn't it a warranty issue? Where is an installer?
  • osteocrusher
    Options
    Which country

robert,

I am living in Belgium. The installer has been back about 3 weeks ago but has not fixed the problem.

I am at a lose end now. Just want my expensive system working properly.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Options
    Hacks

I guess it's a worldwide problem! :)
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Problem

I suggest that there is either a check valve(s) missing or a programming error, or both. Bring back the contractor...the system should not heat the radiators in WWSD.
  • osteocrusher
    Options
    Viessmann question

Thanks for all the help guys, been onto viessmann and they are going to send a technician out at the request of the installer.
This discussion has been closed.