Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

York side discharge unit

Anyone familiar with the York side discharge unit THD model. They are designed for under decks, and places where there isnt much clearance above. I put one in today exactly the way the directions say, and when I turned it on was surprise that the air flow went towards the back instead of the front. Its installed exactly the way the picture in the directions show. I also have a color flyer that shows it installed that way. Is this correct? You would think the air flow would be away from the building. There is 22" clearance off the back of the house.

Comments

• John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Very interesting

You would think they'd blow out the front. I've never seen 1 in person and nothing online in the specs shows which way it blows. They say only 6" clearance needed to the building.
  • drhvac
    drhvac Member Posts: 190
    I'm glad

that it isn't just me who couldn't find in the directions which way this thing is suppose to go. The only thing I had to go by is the picture in the directions. I called the tech. dept. and the guy told me as long as the clearances are right, it will be ok. Yeak ok, good thing I put it 22" away and not 6" like the directions say it could be. The whole point I even bought this thing was because the conventional unit I was going to use would have blown warm air right in to the bottom of the deck. Basically this thing is doing the same thing because York sucks and can't even write installation instructions right.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    York

Why can't you tell air flow direction by the cond fan blade, just by looking at it?
  • drhvac
    drhvac Member Posts: 190
    you would

Think it was easy to tell, but it wasn't.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    York

The cond fan blade is a "propeller type" of blade?
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 950
    Blade

You can tell but on the swept wing blade, a tad harder since they aren't real deeply pitched. 
This discussion has been closed.