Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Salvage Dawgs

Jeff Perry_3
Jeff Perry_3 Member Posts: 99
Just got back from spending part of the weekend in Southwest Va not too far from where I live. Visited Black Dog Salvage, the guys on the TV show Salvage Dawgs. Actually went there for one reason. They had a radiator I have only ever seen in Dan's EDR book but never run across in all the years I have been in business. Well, after doing a pressure test on it to make sure it was OK I now own it. Of course the object will be to install it somewhere and sell it for a profit.

I had my EDR book with me when I was there and the owner saw it and asked about it. After looking it over he went to his computer and ordered one.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    nice score

any other treasures down there?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Jeff Perry_3
    Oh ya

There definitely is a lot of cool stuff there that they have salvaged off old buildings. Quite a few nice rads too.

But you can't have any of them !! They're mine!! All mine!!

Jeff
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    I have one close

to that. Mike T Swampeast MO brought this one to me. I run it on the radiant loop, around 120F TRV and setback control works nicely.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Jeff Perry_3
    Nice color

I like it.
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Seeds?

So were those designed for a green house or to grow seeds? They look perfect for that.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • Jeff Perry_3
    You're right

they do. However, they were "Pantry Radiators". They went in butler's pantry's and they would put mainly plates on them to warm them for dinner but food could also be placed there.

I think nowadays they could be put at a mudroom entrance for shoes or put folded towels on it. Who knows what idea someone could come up with. Like your seed idea.
This discussion has been closed.