Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiant heating/cooling combi systems???

xmorganx
xmorganx Member Posts: 23
I've been trying to learn more about radiant cooling systems ( a pretty new concept here). I do a lot of radiant heating, was thinking about a super simple way to integrate radiant cooling. Maybe running a coil through the incoming cold water supply for domestic hot water? Anything to get rid of (or at least minimise)  those bloody ducts that are always in the way of my beautiful pipes. Keep in mind that I live in a climate (and city) where a/c is hardly a necessity and is only something I dream of about 4 days a year. Most houses have no existing cooling or ventilation- I thought it could be interesting in retrofits to add ventilation, but make it much smaller so that it only accommodates the necessary changes for health and to leave the cooling to the radiant system (even if it only lowers the T by 1 or 2 degrees C, that's still better than nothing for most people, when added to common-sense passive cooling). Also interested in learning more about combined systems in general for new construction or major renos.  Any ideas, thoughts or links to places I could learn more? Thanks

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Radiant heat/cool combi

Healthyheating.com .  You will be able to research this there . John Siegenthaler just did a webinar this afternoon hosted by Caleffi that was really informative also , should be archived within a few days . 
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Radiant heat/cool combi

Healthyheating.com .  You will be able to research this there . John Siegenthaler just did a webinar this afternoon hosted by Caleffi that was really informative also , should be archived within a few days . 
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • GermanPlumber
    GermanPlumber Member Posts: 49
    Robur

We do it in Europe . I work with Gas Absorbtion Heat Pumps from Robur . The AR unit will Heat and Cool. You can check it out here www.robur.com

Greetings to the US,

Mario
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    http://www.uponor-usa.com/Misc/RCDM/Default.aspx

The page requested could not be found.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    That's Weird

It opens for me. Maybe becuase I copied and pasted from my IPad. It can be found at

www.uponorpro.com

They recently release a Radiant Cooling Complete Design Manual. Actually working on a radiant heating and cooling project right now. Pretty amazing how much cooling you can get out of a floor. About 11 Btuhr sqft in this project.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    That link works.

Chris

Chris

June 9, 2013

@ 8:49 AM

Contact this user

That's Weird

It opens for me. Maybe becuase I copied and pasted from my IPad. It can be found at

www.uponorpro.com
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    11 BTU/hr/ft2

is enough to reduce the size of an air conditioning system (and more importantly, the accompanying ductwork) by a LOT.
This discussion has been closed.