Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lead wiping

Options
Marleykid
Marleykid Member Posts: 5
Hi all- I am looking to take the master plumbing exam for the town of Hempstead. Would anyone be interested in teaching lead wiping privately?

Comments

• bovide_4
    bovide_4 Member Posts: 161
    Options
    good luck

Good luck with your exam.

Try "The Master Plumber's School" in SI

Maybe Emmanuel Troise can hook you up also.
  • Marleykid
    Marleykid Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Lead wiping

Thanks- traveling that far is an issue, I have done lead wiping before, just think 1 or 2 good lessons would make me a lot calmer going into the exam.
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    Which State

Still requires lead wiping?

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • AlexS
    AlexS Member Posts: 69
    Options
    NY

Plumbing is licensed locally here on Long Island... Im surprised Hempstead still wants to test lead wiping...  Havent seen anyone with their own little lead pot on a job site... EVER!

It's all PVC, and occasionally no-hub. 
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    I Did A Lead And Oakum Job

About 5 years ago, I'm wondering if we are going to have to take out all that lead in the future, like lead paint.

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    lead wipe

I took a class a few years back.It was through Bosces if I remember correctly.I will look for info for you,if they dont have class anymore I can show you(at least what I remember).
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    gas

Not often but on occasion I come accross lead wiped gas piping,inside risers as well as inside fit….glad I am a plumber as well, we used to do them quite often on main water feeds….It to is a lost art I may have a old booklet I can scan and post good luck Now if 8 + 1 = 9 you will see this post…..
This discussion has been closed.