Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thieves

Gordy
Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
Anyone have trouble getting power cords stolen?

What's the world coming to stealing my extension cords?

I'm ready to wire my ladder rack for 220v

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    For decades, but it's getting worse

On an average construction site, my 20A-125V twist-lock cords outlast my generic U-grounds around 4:1.

Tweakers present an entirely different challenge.
  • Gordy
    edited May 2013
    I have had several

Occurrences which are any where from outside my home to parking lots at big box stores.

Funny part there were things worth way more money that were easily accessible, and were never touched. Last weekend I had two new yellow jackets hanging on the rack, and an old actually heavier black cord on top of those. They threw the black cord on the bed, and took the new ones, now we are picky. And they took a 5 gallon safety gas can there were two.

All most as though they know getting caught stealing extension cords verses a hilti te 60, or a partner saw. Is going to be a slap on the wrist.

About 4 years ago it was welding leads in town here between three of us there were about 5000.00 worth stolen. The one person caught them, and chased them down. Went to court, and they hardly got anything worth his time to miss work to go to court over it. Even the cops were disappointed.....so much in fact they got him off to the side, and told him if it happens again handle it......small town.

So to call the cops over cords is pretty much worthless.

I'm tired of it what I gotta buy a knack box just to lock up my cords now. Time to booby trap got any ideas?
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Knack Box

Make sure you get a good chain and security lock for the Knack Box. Chain it to the studs on the job!
  • Gordy
    Got him on video

Had to sift through 5 hours of it. But he's on there got his face.
This discussion has been closed.