Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need to replace Oil Burner - Gonna have to spend anyway what is the best brand for reliability and e

mwalsh
mwalsh Member Posts: 1
Hey all,

Got the bad news today my oil burner I guess is leaking internally.   No idea how long I can get by but need to start looking now to replace it.   It is a weil mclain probably like 20 years old if I were to guess.  My oil company I think uses Carlin or Beckett burners but I want to keep my options open.  If I am going to end up spending out my **** 5-7K I want to make sure I get a really good burner I can have a high probability (of course nothing is guaranteed) or reliability and heating efficiency.  Also keeping in mind availability in the future of repairing parts etc.  Any suggestions and I know everyone will have their own opinion but looking for some options.   I am hearing Riello is a really good brand with a good track record but need to see why.   If my service company install Carlin or Beckett then if it is not a great deal better may go with there suggestions but will see.

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Burner or Boiler?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you are looking for a complete boiler?

If so we will need a little more info to recommend which to buy...

What is your homes heat loss? Sq feet, age, zip code will help us ball park your size but you will need to have your contractor do a real heat loss calc...

Does this boiler make domestic hot water? if so with a tank or tankless?

Do you have baseboard, radiators, radiant, ect?

As far as burner, I like different burners for different boilers so first things first...
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    I prefer

Buderus and Biasi,but Viessmann,Energy Kinetics and many others are quite good s well
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    Riello

Riello is the best
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    What type of system?

Hot water or steam?
  • I Really Like Utica Boilers

For Steam, or Hot Water.

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.