Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dry ship

I have a customer who want to do a dry ship. The indoor is an American Standard. He wants to install a York dry ship. I told him that since ,they are not the same brand,I have no information to charge the system . Does anyone know of a web site that will address this, or have some info I can down load.

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited May 2013
    Before I flap my jaws.

What is a "dry ship"? I was on Sub's and we had a "dry ship" ! (BOAT I MEAN)
  • Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
    Dry Ship

Dry ship unit is a unit that uses R-22 as a replacement condenser. The dry part is it is not shipped with refrigerant charge.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    R22 or replacement?

Using R22 or replacement refrigerant?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited May 2013
    Dry Ship

HeatingHelp.com!What is metering device? Evap above/below cond unit?
  • Spence
    Spence Member Posts: 316
    edited May 2013
    Dry Ship

Is there some reason your customer won't choose an AS dry unit? You and your customer are taking a huge risk, as there is no AHRI rating for that combination, you can't guarantee the machine's performance, and there is technically no warranty coverage. If your customer insists and you still want to do the work, at least you have a TXV. weigh in York's recommended charge for your OD unit and lineset (find out if the OD charge includes 15' of lineset) and fine-tune to 10 degrees of sub cooling. Check your superheat too. At least you have done the best you can in a not very healthy situation. All of this is assuming you have cleaned both coils, checked the blower, and done your air flow calculation.
This discussion has been closed.