Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Another triangle tube install question

wrxz24
wrxz24 Member Posts: 301
Before I contact my installer, I am getting ghost flow on my primary return pipes from my heating zones when the indirect Is getting heat. Should there be a near boiler check valve installed even though I have check valves on all my zones? Also, I had a system bypass on my old heating system, should the valve be open or closed?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    110?

The tt 110. with the factory installed circ does not have a check valve in the circ. This will cause major ghost flow to the secondary. Some of that is going out your returns. If this is the case, the easiest thing to do is to snap a grunfos check valve into the boiler circ.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • wrxz24
    as opposed to

to put one on the return line from the heating zones.  I think I saw something in the manual for best practice to put a near boiler check valve in.  But the check valve in the circulator will do the trick?  is there a part # for this? Thanks
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Check Valve

I asked the triangle tube guys why they don't just use a circ with a check valve, They said they were not as durable. I have done it quite a few times and have never had a problem. I don't know where to buy them.Since most grudnfos circs that size come with them and they often are not needed, I usually has a few laying around. You might try calling grundfos or your contractor, It is not a big deal to sweat one in, it is just much easier to unbolt the circ and snap it in.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • wrxz24
    Thanks, Another question

Would opening up the system bypass help? It is closed down currently. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.