Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco on Fox Business News

Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3CZBVnDWvI">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3CZBVnDWvI</a>
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    TACO

It's good to see this still exists here in America. It's been the recipe for success, since this country was founded.

There was a time when there was factories in every town that shared a similar philosophy as Taco's. I worked for one. The owner knew all the employees by name. If the last time he spoke with you was 6 months ago, and you told him your kid had appendicitus, he'd ask how the kid was doing. He would not allow management to hire anyone for Human Resources. He said, "The only reason to have a Human Resources department is if you intend to screw the workers". When the company grew to 1200 employees, they hired a guy for HR, but he was told to stay home when the owner was in town.

The old man died, and his kids took over. They talked to no one on the production floor. When they closed the plant, the largest dept. was Human Resources.

• Robert O'Brien
    Johnny White

If you've met him,you wouldn't bet on that happening at Taco!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Johnny White

"The one thing I've got in this company that will never be obsolete is the people."

Love it.
    Retired and loving it.
  • ced48
    ced48 Member Posts: 469
    The Last Circulator

I bought was marked "designed and assembled in the United States", or something like that-thus leading me to believe the parts of the pump were made overseas.
  • DanHolohan
    That's pretty standard these days.

Thing is, there are 500 people working in a small American town, and they hug the owner of the company. It's really something to see. Visit if you get a chance.
    Retired and loving it.
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    Can you actually do that?

I would love to walk through the factory and watch this stuff being put together. I'd pay for it. Taco has a kind of Smithsonian aura!
  • DanHolohan
    They love visitors.

Send Johnny a note. I'm sure he'd love to see you.
    Retired and loving it.
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Anytime

Love that place with all my heart and soul. Drop a note, give a call, I love to share the company with people.

And yes, we do buy components all over the world. We do not chase cheap labor, but we do seek worldwide material prices. That is a must to stay in business.

Best to all!!!!!

Johnny White
  • Robert O'Brien
    Was there 2 weeks ago

Definitely worth the trip,great products,facility and people!
  • Condoman
    Condoman Member Posts: 90
    Good Comapny

I love that some business leaders did not give up on this company.  Thank you John White for making a great product line with local people.

I am not far from the plant and will have to visit someday.

Thanks for sharing.
This discussion has been closed.