To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Riello on Buderus Problem

Vinny Vinny Posts: 2Member
Hello from Beantown, Walligans!

I have installed many Buderus/Riello packaged boilers over the years and they are my boiler/burner of choice. I usually install them and forget about them until they need their anual service.

However I have this one G215-4 oil boiler that I installed a few years ago that is driving me Nutz! When the unit doesn't run for a long time it loses its prime.

It is connected via a single pipe to a Roth tank (about 6' run, tank is outside), has a spin and grin type filter adjacent to the boiler. I have already replaced the flexible suction line inside the Roth tank with ridgid pipe. The fuel pump pressure and suction are fine and the unit runs great until a warm day when it doesn't come on as often.

I am thinking of running a return oil line back to the tank from the fuel pump. I have always run single oil pipe systems and never had a problem in twenty years other than this one.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any constructive thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated

• GWGW Posts: 1,762Member ✭✭✭

I went through this too, yes, you need the Tiger, and your problems will go away.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson

Wilson Services, Inc

Northampton, MA
  • J.C.A.J.C.A. Posts: 2,981Member
    YEP ,

Tigerloop is your best bet. Go for broke, and get the Ultra. It has the spin on attached right to the base! Chris
  • LeoLeo Posts: 767Member ✭✭
    When I was new

When I was new, a guy who had done many Riello installs with overhead oil lines alwyas said to use a TigerLoop. He said everytime he didn't doone it came back to bitehim.

• WeezboWeezbo Posts: 6,230Member ✭✭✭
    i am also a proponent of a tiger loop combo avec

valve OSV and melt down on any line headed down into a basement.

reason the pump seals on oil burners is seeing a siphoned pressure ever at the ready to potentially flood your combustion chamber should a failure occur.
  • burnermanburnerman Posts: 258Member ✭✭
    bad flare

if i had to guess one of your flare has a rough spot the tiger loop may solve it but if you check your flare and see a burr presto!! had this happen to me. also had a pump replacement in oct. on a miller furnace went there twice for a prime 3rd time noticed a drip on the nut well plug on return side of pump used a socket got 3 turns on it in this business anything can happen royboy
  • JPWJPW Posts: 1Member
    Buderus 215-4

I have a Buderus 215-4 with riello with a 2 pipe system installed 5 years ago ran great for 2 years have had several problems since, nuisance lock outs,won't reset, even called an oil company in once. Changed oil delay, nozzle several times, primary control, whenever there get a good combustion reading, draft at breech -.02 to -.04 overfire +.13 any ideas owner is upset
  • icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,265Member ✭✭✭✭
    Eye of the Tiger:

Get the two pipe kit for the Riello, Connect it to a Tigerloop Ultra, use the one pipe to the Roth tank, and your problems will completely go away.

Tigerloops ROCK.
  • heatpro02920heatpro02920 Posts: 991Member
    tiger loop on riello burners is a good idea...

I use tiger loops with all my riello installs... Also make sure your roth tank pickup isnt bad, I remember them old floating ones used to go bad all the time....
  • icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,265Member ✭✭✭✭

Funny to see all the support for Tigerloops now.

I was cleaning out old files and found a bunch of saved Oil Tech Talk postings from over 10 years ago.  There was a section on Tigerloops. You should see the railing against them, that they were the biggest POS that ever came down the highway. Now, they are universally accepted. Except by a few old knuckleheads who can't or won't learn or change.
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!