Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

OH NO! OH YES!

The Professor is putting me to the test again!!!!!  I am lucky enough to have(another) one of The Professor's students serve his "internship" with me. This guy has a 4.0 grade average in his major(HVACR), so,  the "theory" is flying fast and furious. But , I have the edge by a slight margin due to my "hands on " experence. Isn't a 4.0 grade a 100% in our world? The only 100% I got was in not getting a 100%.                              BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Student

Thats a lucky apprentice, you sound like a great guy to work with Techman, enjoy reading your posts.
  • Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    Two Way Street

I think they are both very lucky!
    Eugene
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    MikeyB

LLLLLLOL. Tks guy but I am known as a BIG RICHARD!!!!! And I'm KindaSorta proud of that !
  • heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    edited May 2013
    I love getting the new guys

rite out of school, Hot shot, heros...Nothing like sending them to the truck for 3 -12" fallopian tubes or a bucket to catch the steam in... But after all the hazing is done, its good to work with the young newbees, because they tend to know a few things that were taught after we stopped reading the text books...... Trick is to balance that with all the hands on he is missing...

I had one hot shot, he was very book smart but his soldered joints looked like a 9 year old did them, I tried and tried to teach him, show him the "just enough" method, just enough flux, heat, solder and wipe, but he could not get it, I'm talking months, he just was too shaky with the torch and solder all over the place, so I put him on AC and winter service and he does well, but he still solders like a strung out meth addict, definitely wouldn't make a good surgeon, but if you need a drink shaken hes your man...

Good luck with your new helper, try not to let him catch you rolling your eyes when he's talking about the tect book advantages and disadvantages of absorption refrigeration over vapor compression refrigeration, lol....
This discussion has been closed.