Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Add Existing Hot Water Baseboard Heat To Unfinished Basement?

Options
snowking82
snowking82 Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I'm purchasing a house that has hot water baseboard heating.  The basement is unfinished, but I was just curious to see what it would cost to add baseboard heating to the basement?

Thank you!

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Price

Can't discuss pricing. It's a rule of the site. Before you jump in, you need to find out if the boiler will support adding emitters. You need to do a heat loss of the structure and compare that to the boiler. I'm pretty sure the current owner won't tell you that a certain bathroom, or bedroom is always freezing. The heat loss will let you see if certain areas don't have enough emitters, and take care of that, now.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    Adding copper baseboard zone

Get a heat loss done on the house and the basement. You can zone the basement as one zone and the house as another zone. You can give the house zone priority over the basement zone. How is the hot water heated? You could use a indirect water heater and give that zone priority and use programmable thermostats in the other zones so you can control what zones will be running at what time and keep each zone at the temperature that is comfortable for you and your family.
This discussion has been closed.