Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need a tigerloop?

TT123
TT123 Member Posts: 2
I have an oil burner was installed about 5 years ago.  Have a inground oil tank benean the driveway,  2000 gallon. House is rance on a slab in new england.  It's a one line system thats been having trouble lately staying on lately.  Keep having to push the red restart button to make it run.  It's intermintant and refuses to stay lit some times.  Would i need a tigerloop to help it stay running?

Comments

• TT123
    TT123 Member Posts: 2
    a

Sorry for the mispellings!
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    probably not your problem...

Of course it would be a good idea, but I dont think that's your problem.  If it's going off on safety, there is most likely something else wrong with it.  You need a pro in there to check the entire system--draft, combustion, transformer, primary control, pump, oil line, etc.

If it were a 2 pipe, and you were losing your prime, then the only thing that might be wrong a restriction, high vacuum, loose oil line fitting--something a tiger loop could help.
    steve
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    only if

you have to also bleed the fuel pump, and a tigerloop would not fix the air leaks. I am with Steve on this. You need a tech. If it comes on when reset, it is a burner problem. How old is the tank? I would consider an above ground tank. Here in Mass, 30 year old tanks were to come out back in 1995, and those that were not, were to have test wells around them monitored yearly.  Whatever state you are from, it may be best to consider updating.
  • add
    add Member Posts: 94
    sounds like is time

for the annual cleaning, and then go from there.
This discussion has been closed.