Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

G125 and a chimneyq

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,691
Hello, anyone having good or bad news with the G125 on an exterior chimney with basic single wall stainless steel liner?

Thanks, Gary
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• GW
    I really do know how to spell

most of the time
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    So Far So Good

Here's one we did in Sept 2010

The flue shot is after 16 months of operation
  • GW
    OK great

Thanks for the feedback. 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • carl_nh
    carl_nh Member Posts: 27
    G125 on Central Chimney

Hi Gary,

We have had the G125BE/21 now since Feb 09 - now 3450 hr. I would get condensation March/April and Oct/Nov so I remove #4 baffles to increase stack temp March to November which helped reduce condensation.

We weren't getting a lot, just a bit of condensation coming out of the clean out. Long story short we put in a single wall SST liner this summer as I felt $400 was good insurance long term. Seems it likes it better now - no condensation at all in boiler at last look mid October.

Overall the G125 has provided an excellent ROI, 0 problems, and still burning blue as new.   
  • GW
    Thanks

wow, you were running this into the chimney with no liner? Interior chimney I take it? I am curious how big the flue is and how tall.

Thanks for the feedback

Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • carl_nh
    carl_nh Member Posts: 27
    Yes Internal chimney

Its a 1 3/4 Cape central fieldstone Fireplace and three flue chimney. We are on ledge so a crawl space under house and boiler is centrally located behind the FP. The total chimney height for the boiler took 18' of SST liner in the middle chimney.

We had totally rebuilt from the fireplace up in 1996 with three 8x12 tiles separated by one course of brick and we burn fires 2-3 times per week in the fireplace so the whole mass gets heated and stays warm for a long time.

As I said, no condensation in the winter only in Oct/Nov and Mar/Apr those bridge months where its 35-50* and the boiler doesn't generate enough constant heat to prevent condensation.

I did the SST liner as a long term preventative measure since I know the condensation will eventually eat the mortar.
This discussion has been closed.