To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Looking for posts related to system I'm installing - pls direct if I've overlooked. I am installing an integrated HVAC system in my modest residence:
1. Install 95+ efficient tankless combined heating boiler (ModCon, sealed combustion) to supply DHW and hydro-coil (air handler unit or AHU) replacing 70AFUE FA (60k load), 0.55EF tank water heater, and 2.5T R22 AC w/ new type, retaining most piping and duct work.
2. Control flow from AHU, perhaps trimmed to supply pressure, to achieve variable flow (see #4) and to reduce fan energy.
3. Connect AHU to filtered outdoor air, controlled to limit interior
4. Zone dampers at air terminals to direct conditioned & fresh air supply only to occupied room(s).
5. AHU to accommodate AC coil, and zone control will be modified to maintain adequate air flow across coil.
Installers seem to have difficulty selecting an AHU w/ variable flow based on duct pressure, and accommodating a water/air heating coil.
I plan to install Navien CH unit to re-establish DHW (failed tank), though have not yet found AHU that will perform per above. Comments welcome. I can document system as it is installed.
I'm an energy auditor (finally making some change after 34 yrs) & intend this system to prototype what might be installed in any house having outdated FA, tank heater & AC, while working with existing piping & duct work.