To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Heat loss calculation software

tpowls84tpowls84 Posts: 6Member
Is there any good heat loss calculation software that you use? I need to know how much baseboard heat an apartment needs. Thanks
· ·

Comments

• tom3holertom3holer Posts: 45Member
    Heat Loss

Hi,

Yes, there is a program by Slant/fin called Hydronic Express.

Do  Google search and you will find it. Its free although no longer supported. There is s new version for the Iphone and Ipad. The laptop version I like better however. I have been told that it is a bit pessimistic on actual BTU loss. It errs on the high side.

Tom
    · ·
  • smihailasmihaila Posts: 93Member
    edited March 2013
    HVAC-Calc

There is also HVAC-Calc v4. Not free but quite easy to use and I like its "systematic" approach in organizing and collecting the data.

I bought only the "residential customer" license, which is cheap but it lasts for 1-2 months only. But it's suited for 1-time type of job I guess.
    Post edited by smihaila on
    · ·
  • icesailoricesailor Posts: 6,798Member ✭✭✭
    Pessimisom:

Slant/Fin "Heat Loss Explorer isn't pessimistic about infiltration where high winds are concerned.

Pessimism on heat/cool occurs in heat loss programs comes when you either round UP or round DOWN. I have always rounded UP.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!