Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NOISIEST Burnham Alpine

frankie333
frankie333 Member Posts: 1
Hi folks, this is the first heating season that this Alpine has gone through.  I have called an HVAC repair person on multiple occasions. anyway the problem is the neighborhood can hear the system..loudly 2 houses down the street, and of course, in the house it is TRULY horrible when the noise comes on.  I tried to record the sound but I can only record the clicking sound the burner makes.  HELP anyone, please!!!  It sounds like someone is moving furniture.  A neighbor thought someone had broken in. Thank you!

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    call a tech.

You need to get a tech there and do a combustion test, before something happens... obviously not running rite if you can hear it, I have installed alpines and never had one sound how you are explaining it, is this NG or LP?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Combustion analysis

As Heatpro said, Combustion test.

Don't let anyone touch it unless the intend to do a combustion test. You are living with a potentially dangerous situation.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    alpine

Questions

1 When does the noise occur ? On start up I assume..

2 Did it just start or has it gradually got louder?

3 Post a pic of venting….

4 Do you have a copy of installers report on initializing…Did you call him/her back?

5 Is this natural gas and, if so, what is gas pressure,and is main/riser properly sized?

Chances are it is a simple fuel/air adjustment…..If it was installed correctly….

Not installed correctly it could be other issues as well
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    response

I as other posters on this site truly appear to enjoy it,why else would we…Many of the questions and responses also help us…..I ask when I/we respond you give us feedback,as to what may have helped…..
This discussion has been closed.