Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Curious!

alotlikeearl
alotlikeearl Member Posts: 68
Just curious, are many of you using i pads and the like for sells presentations?  If so, how do customers respond.

Thanks!   Jerry

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Use the ipads for everything

An Ipad with a HP office jet 150 printer {color printer is completly mobile, battery pack blue tooth ect}, is like having an office in your truck, thats how I post on the wall all hours of the day, waiting for an inspector or delivery bored out of my skull jump on the ipad...

I also have software on here for my manual J's, building suite, all that taco software, and pricing and ordering through remickes... 

But to answer your question yes, I use the ipad for sales too, I have tons of pictures of our work on here, as well as being able to pull the manafacurers website up and show them the exact unit, but for the most part I sell Water Furnace Geothermals, Rinnai tanklesses, Buderus boilers, Armstrong A/c units, First Co hydro airs, Weil McLain boilers, Phase 3 indirects, B&W direct fired tanks, and now TT so I have pictures of real installs that we did with all of them components installed in all phases of the install. 

Last week I sat down with a couple at their kitchen table to sell them a Rinnai ru98i and a TT Solo 110.  I pulled up a picture of the same exact system that we did the week before, simply explained you have 2 zones they had 4 so your will not have this control or the extra 2 circs, but it will be identical..  I told them if they wanted to go to that customers house and take a look I know the people very well. And they didnt have to hear anymore, they wrote the deposit check and signed the proposal...

All on the ipad, I pulled up the TT website and pulled up some reviews of the Rinnai units, printed out the proosal rite at their table, printed them a receipt and printed them a copy of their chack, it all took 30 minutes from when we sat down to when I was leaving...

Ipad is an amazing piece of equipment,,,
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 21,975
    training

I have been using the i-pad for my training classes. I turn the PowerPoint, ppt into a pdf. Store them at the iBooks app. You can also send a copy to the cloud for a back up.

I bought the Apple cord that plugs into the i-pad and gives you the VGA adapter for projectors. Then you can charge the pad and connect the projector so you don't run out of juice.

The only drawback is I haven't figured out how to change or modify the presentation without going back to my PC?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    iPad presentations

Have you tried Keynote for IOS?
  • HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    Try a paid app

I use Docs to go. It syncs files from desktop to the ipad/iPhone

It also allows running of PowerPoint and modifying and creation of PowerPoint presentations. It's also will create or modify excel, word,

It's great for carrying and being able to email PDFs from the pad or phone.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 21,975
    Noteability

is an ap I heard about today. So at a jobsite you could draw a sketch. talk, and take pictures and send it off to your office. The Minnick team service tech all use them.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.