Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water heater out of warranty?!

adambuild
adambuild Member Posts: 414
We just got a call from a job where we put in a Bosch/Ariston GL8TI, 8-gallon POU water heater because it's dead. It seems they only had it powered for the health department inspection they have once a year and now it's dead. The supply house says that it's not covered under warranty because it was not powered the whole time!? They said that any heater will die prematurely if it's not kept hot?! Am I missing the boat?! What's the difference if it's powered or not??? It sounds insane to me. 

Thanks, Adam

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Idle equipment

I could see lime scale lack of use to the controls internally. Like anything mechanical if it sits its hard on it in a semi state of readiness.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    The warranty

Is what it is. If its 6 years its 6 years, power or no power. I would call the factory or go over the counter guys head. If that fails tell the customer that the manufacturer has refused to honor their warranty and call the customer service line or local consumer affairs guy. This kinda stuff burns me up. We have no control over how the customer uses his equipment.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    they will do....

anything to get out of the warranty... anode replacement included. I have seen these ariston heater go in short order well ahead of the waraanty and bosch never honors one.
  • alotlikeearl
    alotlikeearl Member Posts: 68
    Question

Curious; how long has the water heater been installed?
This discussion has been closed.