Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Another GV problem

unclejohn
unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
I have a Weil Mc. gv about 16 - 18 years old. A little less then a year ago [end of last heating season ] the boiler would call for heat and when the pressure light would come on the inducer motor would stop and then the cycle would repeat as many as 10 times or more and then it would go through a complete cycle and fire the boiler. I replaced the controller at that time and had no calls untill yesterday. Customer said it was doing the on off thing she could hear it happening all morning. Had her turn it off at power switch and back on and it fired. That was two days ago and all is still find as of this morning 2-28. Anybody else seen this? I had exact problem with different costumer over 4 years ago. replaced controller and never heard back. [Maybe she called somebody else]

Comments

• Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    I've seen it...

It has only happened to me one time. It was actually 2 out of the 3 zone valves had bad end switches. So the customer had had water because that zone worked but when it wasn't calling for hot water the other 2 zones had a very, very weak end switch contact so it would call the boiler then turn it off then call then turn it off. Swapped to new erie heads life was good.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • unclejohn
    Thanks Tom

I'll check that out. She does have honeywell zone valves. 3  In fact, hot water main and basement.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Which Integrated Boiler control

do you have on the GV?

Have you gone through testing the differential pressure on the pressure switch? It should be 1.4" W.C.
  • unclejohn
    Just checked

My receipt and I bought the control last may from Somerville. I have not been out to the job. , The last call was a over the phone repair. sometimes the boiler just has

to hear my voice and it straightens out. As I recall last May the light sequence was power of course Tstat purge or pressure. But as soon as pressure or purge lit the blower would just stop. I know I bypassed the tstat connection and it has worked fine up until a couple days ago when she called. I had her turn the 110v power switch off and back on, she was turning it off for a hour and then on and it just cycled. That time and now apparently its still working.  
This discussion has been closed.