Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas conversion, contractor recommendations in Nassau LI

MickeyH
MickeyH Member Posts: 14
Hey Everyone, I have been reading through the site for the last couple of weeks and have learned a lot, thank you.

I need to replace my heating system which is currently fueled by oil and I want to go with gas for the new system. I already have gas in the house for the stove, dryer and the fireplace.

I need some recommendations on contractors to work with for this conversion. I used the Find a Contractor page but I only get results when using 30mile distance and all but 1 of the contractors service only NYC. I live in Nassau county on Long Island, south shore and need a contractor that services this area.

Any help you can provide will be very helpful. I want to work with a heating contractor and not just a plumber. I've learned from this site that the install is most important, Chris' signature rings true with me.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    We service that area

http://www.technicalheating.com/
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • MickeyH
    Thanks, others?

Robert, thank you. Nice site, I will call your business this coming week.

Everyone, are there any other contractors on Long Island I can work with? I would like to meet with at least 2 or 3 so I can compare the options and levels of service.

Thank you.
  • BobAlu
    BobAlu Member Posts: 18
    ^^ He's your Man! ^^

Mickey...I give Bob above here a big thumbs up! He did a conversion for me 2 years ago and I was quite impressed by him and his crew. My problem was I needed to run a new gas line from my garage to the boiler. As luck would have it, the garage and boiler room are at opposite diagonal corners of the house, and the basement is finished! They ran the line only making one 16" x 16" hole in the sheetrock! Other contractors I had here wanted to trench outside the house or run the gas line up the side of the house, through the attic and down the other side! What a clean and professional job by Technical Heating! As a homeowner we all complain when things don't go right, but we also have to compliment jobs when they are well done.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    You can't go

wrong with Robert he is one of the best!
  • MickeyH
    First on my list

Thanks again, Robert is the first on my list.

I will be giving him a call this week to get the ball rolling.  I was supposed to last week but work has been out of control...
This discussion has been closed.