Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

check valve

Paul S_3
Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
Do you need a check valve on the feed line to any boiler in NYC? Is it code?.....Paul S
ASM Mechanical Company
Located in Staten Island NY
Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
347-692-4777
ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
ASMHVACNYC.COM
https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Not sure about New York City/State, but...

In the jurisdiciton I work in, it requires MORE than just a single seated check valve. It requires (residentially) a double check with an intermediate vent, and if it is commercial project, minimum requirement here is a reduced pressure principle back flow preventer.

Best to check with the authority having jurisdiction. Also be aware of annual testing requirements.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Bob Harper
    Bob Harper Member Posts: 1,034
    backflow protection

You will find that in the applicable plumbing code but it is also an EPA reg. that your local water board can and will enforce. Need isolation valves to test and service. As stated, double check with atmospheric vent. If you install a bypass around an automatic feed valve for fast refilling such as after equipment replacement, the bypass must also be backflow protected.
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    On steam

You need backflow and a check Valve below the waterline

Type of Backflow depends on size and whether you're using chemicals

If you can email me I will send you Latest codes that I have (2009) as well as contact info for boiler division

Boiler division Usually only inspect if it is mixed-use Or more than five families
This discussion has been closed.