To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

primary secondary schematic

im converting a system from oil to gas with a high eff boiler that requires primary secondary loopong. does anyone have a link to a good simple diagram i can work off of?

• kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,768Member ✭✭✭
    tell us...

more about the system... type of radiation, Indirect water heater? There should be something w/ the new boiler......kcopp
  • of course

yes it will have an indiret heater , and has 2 other zones which are baseboard
  • ChrisChris Posts: 2,869Member
    Not to Sound Rude

But isn't that what the installation manual is for?
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • yeah

now that you mention it, i didnt a purchase boiler yet, so i dont have a manual. i was thinking about a WM ultra and i havent installed any yet. a friend told me that it requires primary secondary piping. i just like to have a good diagram to go by . something general. i do like your quote cris, im a big believer in that. if only the homeowers around the world would realize that!!
  • ChrisChris Posts: 2,869Member
    Just Pull It

From the web site. Manual has piping diagrams

In it. Not a fan of alum HX...
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • RJRJ Posts: 421Member ✭✭

on yahoo  look up Taco/HVAC
  • thanks

thank you very much
  • Mark EathertonMark Eatherton Posts: 4,939Member ✭✭✭
    Things you WON'T see in an I&O manual....

Critical things if you want to avoid ANY potential issues in the future...

It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • SlimpickinsSlimpickins Posts: 308Member
    Thanks Mark

I see these errors in a lot of boilers I service by other companies. The manuals really should point out those critical pipe distances between tee's, 90's etc.
  • SWEISWEI Posts: 5,193Member ✭✭✭✭
    another reason why

we like hydraulic separators and low-loss headers.
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!