Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

primary secondary schematic

im converting a system from oil to gas with a high eff boiler that requires primary secondary loopong. does anyone have a link to a good simple diagram i can work off of?

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    tell us...

more about the system... type of radiation, Indirect water heater? There should be something w/ the new boiler......kcopp
  • of course

yes it will have an indiret heater , and has 2 other zones which are baseboard
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Not to Sound Rude

But isn't that what the installation manual is for?
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • yeah

now that you mention it, i didnt a purchase boiler yet, so i dont have a manual. i was thinking about a WM ultra and i havent installed any yet. a friend told me that it requires primary secondary piping. i just like to have a good diagram to go by . something general. i do like your quote cris, im a big believer in that. if only the homeowers around the world would realize that!!
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Just Pull It

From the web site. Manual has piping diagrams

In it. Not a fan of alum HX...
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    schematics

on yahoo  look up Taco/HVAC
    RJ
  • thanks

thank you very much
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Things you WON'T see in an I&O manual....

Critical things if you want to avoid ANY potential issues in the future...

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Thanks Mark

I see these errors in a lot of boilers I service by other companies. The manuals really should point out those critical pipe distances between tee's, 90's etc.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    another reason why

we like hydraulic separators and low-loss headers.
This discussion has been closed.